FLIGHT of the RED BALLOON (Creative Tuesdays)


© Copyright 2014 Dotty Hill Creative: "Flight of the Red Balloon."  Check out the others  below...

Don't you love it when things just work out right away? I know I do — it's so rare! This particular concept came to me whilst writing the last post but I sat on it for two weeks, mulling it over in my head on just how to show Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower and the little girl off on her adventure. By the time I actually put pencil to paper, it all came together with such ease with the added bonus of doing it in watercolour, helping further lift it along. :) Thrilling.

I've so loved your pieces thus far — lots of inspiration going around — and who knows how many more might sign up at the last minute so will be sure to check in later this evening, just in case! Thanks for playing along. Wonderful imaginations here. Let me know how you did or did not like this theme too if you think of it. I so love reading whatever were your initial responses and then what you thought of it as you pondered the theme further, sketching it out, etc, etc. :)

Can't wait to tell you the next theme... tomorrow! A few of you I'm sure are definitely going to love it and I doubt anyone will be that stumped either. So, until then... aux revoir, mes bons petits artistes! (Why so many French inspired themes as of late? Well, maybe it's b/c I'm excited that Alex and I are soon going to do our first art fair at the French Nest Open Air Market. If you live anywhere near here, do come say hello! We'd love to see you.)


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for fixing my link again, Mike. I was so embarrassed I was almost ready to quit. I will try to get it right next time, but I'm still not sure why the link form on your blog page always comes up with my name filled out. In addition, I don't know if it matters but I have only the one blog and have nowhere set up to navigate to.

    I'm really glad I stuck with the theme even though I felt I didn't have any inspiration. I tend to try to get everything straight in my head before I start any picture just because I'm such a picky -perfectionist type of person. But I learned to my surprise that once I put paper and pencil together creativity came quickly.

    Your Big Ben is brilliant! I did a painting with it in it a long time ago -- it was hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to see what you have experienced on the Fair Show - really, I love the way you draw and paint - it is so intents and one can actually feel sitting in the painting. Thank you so much, Michael and I do promise (thihi) I will be with the next theme - Life has been a bit hectic here for some strange reason. Good wind on the Fair !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariane! will let you know how it goes. hope things settle down for you there too.

      Delete
  3. Michael, this is beautiful! I feel I am up there with her in the clouds. You have so much perspective in this painting, Paris really does look a long way off. Super rendition of Big Ben as well. Perhaps she is looking back as she knows she will be missing afternoon tea at 4pm.

    Good luck with your combined art fair show as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you soooo got it. Exactly, just as tea time is happening! That was deliberate. Maybe she's swept up in the bliss of a good cuppa, her day dreaming taking aloft? :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely darling, Michael James. I LOVED not only watching you bring her to life but was tickled to see you doing watercolor for the first time in years. You're an absolute PRO. lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Alex are such soul mates, your painting and interpretations even look alike. I love your's too. Such a feeling of flight...love the sky and the building...oh my Big Ben just jetting through those clouds, and the tower in the distance. Your idea in your head...sure became a masterpiece on paper.

    I promise to get some supplies before next theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Wanda! What's funny is Alex actually used to draw red balloons and little girls holding them way before I ever met her but that never occurred to me when I did this piece. I was focusing more on the movie, Paris and London, my lovely city of old. Yep, it is so true-- we really do have such similar tastes on everything from art to music to food to teatime! Gotta love it. :) thank you for your comment on my art here. Really loved reading it.

      Delete
  6. love the piece, quite a fun piece there. I've never visited paris but I do know those two structures.

    good luck at the market. & have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you get to go one day, Lissa, and being in NY will make your travel so much cheaper than for many of us further west. I know you will love it. your art often reminds me of it's chic style. Thank you for your comment. :)

      Delete
  7. This is just a beautiful interpretation, leaves so much to the imagination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it does, Christine--just what I was hoping for Thank you! :)

      Delete