Reviewing Objects, Pies & NEW THEME due by Nov 4th!


http://sleepwalkingny.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-pie-maker-twins-kitchen-tour.html#more

Hello all. So glad that many of you truly had fun with this latest Found Objects theme. Most certainly one of our more unique takes, I know. I could do it fairly quickly, for one. In fact, just as well, as lately I've been super swamped with work stuff, etc, weekends, evenings and so on. I'm rather pooped, must say. Reading through and looking at all your wonderful contributions definitely boosted my spirits no end though, so thank you! :)

Speaking of time crunches, I do hope you saw the last couple of entries that came in? Lissa's was one of them and if you recall, she had not had the chance to finish her PIE themed art previously either. But, guess what? Yep, her Pie Maker Twins is now complete in all its glowing green glory. Talk about details! You just have to check it out! Can you imagine having that kind of diligence to work so meticulously on something like that? I couldn't, but so glad she does... just as I'm thankful that each of us bring our own unique interpretations to these various themes. Makes it so much more compelling, doesn't it?

This too brings something else to mind: if for some reason, you ever put up a piece for CT that wasn't completed in time but later you went back and finished it, do please let me know so I can then let the rest of our community know here too. CT is here for you. I want each of you to have a chance to shine your creativity and talents to the fullest. I really do. That is, in part, why I also keep up the Regular Contributors sidebar so at anytime we can see what the most active among us are doing.

Whilst at it, I do want to give a shout out to Alexandra for her inspiring e-course she's currently doing and her next, more crafts-based one, she and another blogging artist are offering, starting in just a couple of weeks, called It's a Polka Dotted Christmas!  If it's anything like her Courage class, it's sure to be amazing with good interactions and ideas for everyone. I'm super proud of her. You know, she's really a natural presenter and speaker, actually, one with a moving story and ability to  connect and inspire.

Last but not least, "What is the NEXT THEME then?" you are all still wondering! Haha. Well, I've taken our queue from one of Lissa's aforementioned details. So, ok, it's time to think up something... MINTY! Hmmm, yes, that could be cool green spearmint, polar blue peppermints, herbal mint... I don't know, YOU tell me and show us! Enjoy.  And, just think, you can even conjure up ideas whilst standing there brushing your teeth with your very own minty toothpaste. Yes, Creative Tuesdays' wonders never cease! :)

17 comments:

  1. I love anything minty, especially mint chocolate and mint tea!

    So glad you mentioned Lissa's finished piece as I must say I was absolutely blown away with it. She is just so so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it deserved recognition and wanted to make sure it was seen by us all. Yes, I love minty things too but in tea! LOL. I think you are going to have fun with this! Maybe include some minty coloured spots, etc?:)

      Delete
  2. thank you for the mention and link. as for being diligent, well, I just had to finish the piece. sometimes it's a compulsion that can't be stopped. I'm sure some people know that feeling of wanting to finish even if you really didn't quite have the time.

    and nice new theme. I really like the color mint but minty is different thing, will have to think on that.

    thanks for your kind words and for keeping up CT. you've done a better job at it than I did. keep it up.

    have a sweet day.

    p.s. word verification is driving me a bit nuts. it used to be numbers and not it has returned to words. the numbers were easier. I'm wondering if this is necessary. do you get a lot of spam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I get spam but I've read too many accounts of where a virus hacks into a blog and bring it all down. It happened to Susan of 29 Black Street in Canada.

      Yes, minty could be in chocolate or a drink of some sort or who knows and yes oftentimes is seen with some sort of minty colour to indicate it but certainly doesn't have to be, like white gum, for example. Your minty kitchen was inspiring.

      Thanks for oyu rlovely comments, Lissa, as always. :) So glad you are still with us!

      Delete
  3. I think the new theme is good, and will start putting on my thinking cap...perhaps in "mint" green. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you can tie it into all your lovely baking, Wanda? :)

      Delete
    2. Michael, out of all foods...the only two I don't care for are mint, and licorice. So would have to paint it.....NOT bake it.. teehee. I have company coming....but will try my best to get it done in time.

      Delete
    3. Awww, well, Wanda, i think you should skip this one then. Don;t please feel compelled.

      Delete
  4. 'Minty' here we go! Off to check Lissa's website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, I am ready to link up, but you do not have Mr Linky set up yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up now, Christine. Thank you for waiting. Sorry about that.

      Delete
  6. just notice Mr. Linky is not up and I am so early too, oh, well...

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, my minty version is ready on my blog, just waiting to link up with Mr Linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, sorry about that. It's up now. I just saw your tea one briefly. Love it.

      Delete